Wednesday, August 10, 2011

When Mornings Go Awry

I started off having a great morning.  I even had plenty of time to read my Bible before I made lunches.  (And I do most of that the night before.)  I love when time goes so smoothly, and when I actually wake up on time. 

The part that started to go 'awry' was when Graham gave me attitude over feeding Andy the Wonder Dog. 

I know he's almost to the teen years...but really??  My back is killing me, and today I plan on going to see my sweet chiropractor/friend Tammy about it.  But until then...I really can't bend over.  Or stand completely straight.  And I don't need him slamming doors to tell me that he's miffed about doing something he should NOT be miffed about. 

I told him that was okay...that the next time he eats a meal, he can make it himself. 

And when they forget to give Andy water, that's okay, too...they can skip their drink at dinner. 

And when (Lord, help me here) something sad happens to Andy the Wonder Dog that we don't have to replace him.  We can be an animal-free home.  (Which would really be punishing me instead, because I love animals so much.)

It really does something to you, doesn't it?  When kids act like that?  But then I was on facebook and saw my friend Carla's status: "I'm so thankful for God's new mercies every morning."

And I am...and no matter what, nothing will steal my joy.  Graham just might have to give me his ipod for a day. 

I also came across this:

Colossians 3: 12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13 Make allowance for each others faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

God is good.  All the time.  :)  Love to all.  

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...