Sunday, August 7, 2011

The First Day of School Eve

It's 9:15 and all is quiet in my house.  It seems so weird...and way too early for my sweet boys to be going to bed.  We enjoyed an amazing dinner with the best neighbors in the word (and maybe our best friends ever), Travis and Katie.  We ate like kings...all 10 of us...steaks, mashed potatoes, green beans, brownies and sweet tea.  Yummy!

We enjoyed their pool together, too.  It felt awesome...a cool 86* on a very hot day.  :)

All the school bags are packed.  Clothes are laid out.  Lunches are made (with the exception of the cold stuff and ice packs.)  And this mama is about to hit the sack right along with them. 

I'm so proud of myself...I only cried once tonight.  Although, now that I write that, the tears are welling up once again.  ://  It was during that song, Blessings, by Laura Story.  Dognabbit.

The only thing I've been looking forward to about tomorrow is the fact that my praying mom's group, Mom's In Touch, is starting back up.  I cannot wait to see these precious (and hopefully some new) faces tomorrow.  I have missed all of them over the summer, and I cannot wait to see what God does through our prayers!! 

Well, I am about to head upstairs.  I have to get up at the crack of dawn to do all I have to do before I wake all the kids up.  So...this must be short.  I hope you and your school kids have a blessed day tomorrow...and if your kids aren't school aged yet, squeeze them extra tight.  Time flies too quickly.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...