Saturday, August 13, 2011

August 13 of Jesus Calling

I loved this morning's devotion from Jesus Calling, so I thought it would share it with you.  All of the below is written by Sarah Young. 

***************

Learn to enjoy life more.  Relax, remembering that I am God with you.  I crafted you with enormous capacity to know Me and enjoy My Presence.  When My people wear sour faces and walk through their lives with resigned rigidity, I am displeased.  When you walk through a day with childlike delight, savoring every blessing, you proclaim your trust in Me, your ever-present Shepherd.  The more you focus on My Presence with you, the more fully you can enjoy life.  Glorify Me through your pleasure in Me.  Thus you proclaim My Presence to the watching world.  

Matthew 1:23 “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel which means, God with us."

John 10:10, 11 "The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.  I am the good shepherd.  The good shepherd lays down His life for His sheep."

***************

That spoke volumes to me today.  I am always super aware of people's faces.  I try to be aware of mine, too.  In working with kids, I try to keep my face "open" and friendly.  I try to put myself in their shoes and think whether or not my face reflects my personality.  If I have a frown, then I'm going to come across as un-friendly.  If I have a pleasant expression, I am showing to them that I am nice and that I care about them.  

Now, trust me, there are plenty of days when I frown.  But for the most part, I try my best to smile.  

Have you ever met someone who frowned all the time?  Our faces reflect our words.  And our words have the power to tear down or build up.  I choose to build up.  

I also love the part in the devotion that says in walking through our day with childlike delight, we are reflecting our trust in the Lord.  

My challenge for all of us today is to be aware of ourselves...our facial expressions, our words and our behavior.  For most of us, there are little eyes and ears that follow us wherever we go.  

Happy Saturday and love to all.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...