Monday, July 25, 2011

When Dinner Goes Awry

Do you ever have that happen? 

Make dinner, only to discover that it's horrible?

It happens quite often around here.  Well, not too terribly often, but still...more than I would like. 

We went to Costco last Thursday, and Drew and I sampled something called Street Tacos.  They were quite yummy.  In the small dose that we sampled.  I made them tonight.  Mmmmm, not so much. 

I'll probably end up eating a bowl of cereal later.  Maybe not...because my tummy hurts.  I don't know if it's from the tacos or the super duper spicy sriracha sauce I put on mine, but something is not sitting well with me. 

Luckily, the kids all wanted something else.  Well, Jonah, Noah and Ben did.  Graham, Drew and Will had the tacos along with Todd and myself.  God love their little hearts for not complaining.  :)  (And yes, you counted 2 extra kids with us tonight.  I am not crazy...I just want my kids to enjoy the last couple weeks of summer vacation.)

Turns out they're an Asian thing...and it turns out that I'm not much of an ethnic food fan.  I guess after all these years, my husband's way of thinking has warped me into being just like him.  I'll take meat and potatoes any day. 

Well, speaking of my favorite man, I'm going to go spend quality time with him.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...