Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday mornings

I love them.  I woke up extra early this morning so I could shower and start on the laundry.  My alarm went off at 6:30, but it wasn't until 6:45 that I rolled out of bed. 

I don't love that I forgot to make the coffee last night.  I had to dry off in a hurry so I could run downstairs to make it. 

I love the quiet stillness that is all around me.  I hear the washer running, and the air conditioner unit, and my fingers tapping the keys of my laptop, but that's all. 

I love that it's so quiet that I can hear birds chirping outside of my living room window.  I love that I was able to see the sky go from dark to light.  I love that God's glory is most obvious to me in the morning time.  All of His splendid creation is so fresh and full of life in the mornings...and I feel so honored to be able to see it all. 

I often think of how thoughtful He is...He had us in mind when He created the world around us.  The beautiful colors of flowers and trees, and how they change from season to season, and all the little critters around us.  I'm amazed by Him this morning. 

I love the thought of Him pursuing me...what woman doesn't want to be pursued?  I was listening to a song by The David Crowder Band last night that said, "He is jealous for me." 

Do I give Him enough of my time?  Do I thank Him enough?  Praise Him enough?  Not necessarily for the things He's done (although they are countless), but for Who He is.  His attributes.  His characteristics...faithful, true, loving, kind, gentle...

Do I listen when He speaks?  Even though it may not be audible...but do I listen to His word? 

Do I read His word enough? 

Just things I'm thinking about this morning...this Sunday morning, my favorite day of the week.  I can't wait for church today. 

I encourage you to find a place of worship this morning...a church nearby, or if you're unable to attend physically, how about watching a service on tv?  I love my church...the worship, the sermon that Brother Chuck gives, the fellowship of other believers...all of it. 

Give it a try...you just might be blessed. 

Psalm 111
 1 Praise the Lord!   I will thank the Lord with all my heart
      as I meet with his godly people.

 2 How amazing are the deeds of the Lord!
      All who delight in him should ponder them.

 3 Everything he does reveals his glory and majesty.
      His righteousness never fails.

 4 He causes us to remember his wonderful works.
      How gracious and merciful is our Lord!

 5 He gives food to those who fear him;
      he always remembers his covenant.

 6 He has shown his great power to his people
      by giving them the lands of other nations.

 7 All he does is just and good,
      and all his commandments are trustworthy.

 8 They are forever true,
      to be obeyed faithfully and with integrity.

 9 He has paid a full ransom for his people.
      He has guaranteed his covenant with them forever.
      What a holy, awe-inspiring name he has!

 10 Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom.
      All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom.
   Praise him forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...