Thursday, June 2, 2011

tv shows?

Contrary to what I've been doing since Monday night, I really do not watch a lot of television.  In the morning time, especially, I'm too busy drinking my coffee and checking email.  After that routine is when I get up and start doing things around the house.  Straightening up, starting a load of laundry, unloading the dishwasher, things like that.

But then I found out that Glee was on the "watch instantly" queue on Netflix.  And since I started watching it in January, there were a whole lot of episodes I had missed.  So I've been watching them all.  Fifteen episodes in two short days.  I know...I have a problem.  Please don't judge me, I'm just being real here.  I started Monday night, because the Goodwin boys (all 5 of them) were watching sports.  I watched some yesterday because my kids were upstairs were building "the best fort in the entire world".  (Drew's exact words.)  I watched again last night, because Todd and the boys went looking for a fire that they could see the smoke from.

Normally I don't even sit during the day, but since I'm caught up on the house stuff, I figured why not?  And since the kids were occupied...well.  I'll stop now.  Justifying it, I mean.  I know...I have a slight problem.

Then, there's the Bachelorette.  And even though I am not a huge fan of Ashley, I am still watching it.  This is what I do in the summer...watch tv until midnight or after.  During the school year, I'm in bed by about ten every night, so for me to actually be staying up so late...and all for tv...is unheard of.

I love having time to watch something I want to watch!  In a house where testosterone rules, I enjoy the girly shows.  And the music on Glee is crazy good.  Every episode is a one hour mini-musical.  I love it.  And I love that it's not a reality show.  Since that's all that is on almost, nowadays.

Well.  Since my kids are running circles around me (literally, they are literally running in circles around the house), I guess my time alone with the computer is over.  Since I can't hear myself think anymore.

Who am I kidding?  I love having my kids home for the summer.  Most of the time.  ;)  Enjoy your day, friends!  It's hotter than Hades here in Memphis, so stay cool.  Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. It's summah time sista!!! Enjoy your summer, even if it is wasted on watching so much TV... j/k! :)
    Miss seeing your beautiful face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Netflix. I love that I can watch Glee endlessly!! You and I should schedule a Glee night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Katie! I miss seeing all my F/A friends. :( I could have a pity party if I tried hard enough. Lol...I promise, I really don't watch that much! Only when they kids are busy doing their fun stuff that doesn't involved me...like kickball in the front yard. I would just embarrass them if I tried to play it with them. I was always the kid who ran to kick it, missed, the busted it and landed flat on my back. Lol. Not kidding. I am going to enjoy, I promise!! I haven't turned on anything today. Though we did watch a movie together after dinner, but it was a family thing.

    Mandy, YES!!! I have found love in this show. Questionable though it may be. I just have to remember it's only a show...and I mostly like it for the music. I'll keep telling myself that anyway! I would LOVE a Glee night!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...