Saturday, June 4, 2011

sometimes living in the south stinks...like when it's 100 degrees on the 4th day of June

Seriously.  It's hotter than Hades.  The kind of hot that steals your breath away the second you walk out.  The kind of hot that makes my little weather bug app go nuts because it doesn't want me to keel over from the code orange ozone alert.  The kind of hot that makes my hair do weird and funky things. 

You get the drift. 

We're doing yard work this weekend.  Not exactly the greatest time to be doing yard work, but it's got to get done.  My wonderful husband and kids started yesterday afternoon.  The boys cleaned up all the toys, sticks and the stuff that comes from our dog/horse, then Todd came home and started cutting.  Then Graham took over so Todd could start on all the leaves.  Since there wasn't anything else the other boys could do, we swam.  It was nice for Graham, because when he got really hot, he came over and dove in.  Then got back out to finish. 

It sure is nice having a son who's old enough to help with yard work.  I love it for Todd.  My wonderful husband has never asked me to help with yard work.  He spoils me.  :)  I have helped with leaves and stuff before, but as far as the actual cutting and edging, he has always just done that.  I appreciate that about him...I know lots of women that have to do it themselves, because it wouldn't get done otherwise.    I always tell him thank you...because he doesn't HAVE to do that.  And I always try not to take advantage of the fact. 

Today we're just hanging out around home.  We'll probably swim some more (because what else is there to do??), and then the kids all have a party to go to.  And we have a wedding to go to tonight.  Well...I'm going to get off of here.  Hope you all have a wonderful, happy Saturday.  Love to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...