Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm 4!

Yesterday was my fourth blogoversary.  I didn't even know that until Teena from Toronto informed me of that in my comments box.  So, Teena, if you're reading this, thank you! 

I can't believe 4 years have gone by...what started as an online journal of sorts turned into a major hobby for me.  Well, on most days, anyway.  Not when the title thing gets to me.  I do love to write, and I've been told that a few people read what I write, so that's enough to keep me going. 

Even when I'm feeling like I write about the same things over and over again. 

At least I know the grandparents like it.

Okay.  Moving on now.  Last night was the third year that we've gone with Todd's parents to see the fireworks at Bellevue.  We've gotten a little better at it every year.  I mean, we've figured out some little tips and tricks along the way.  We had a great parking spot last night, and were out of the ginormous parking lot in record time.  The fireworks there are the biggest I've ever seen.  Jonah's 2nd grade teacher, Tammy Townsend, just so happens to be one of the pyro's in charge.  ;)  We met up with her last night and he ran to her as fast as his little legs would go and hugged her.  It was cute. 

We take a picnic every year that we go, and last night was no exception.  Food always tastes so much better when it's consumed outside.  Especially after you've been running all over the place.  (Not me, the boys.)  There's always music, too.  Sarah Groves and Newsong were there this year.  Last year was hard to beat with music, though...they had Mandisa and Matthew West. 

It was great. 

I want to go camping!  (I know, random thought.)  We're watching tv and I just saw the newest Coleman commercial.  I love camping so much...much more than I ever dreamed possible.  I don't even care that I didn't wear makeup, and that a bathroom wasn't very easily accessible...it is so much fun being in the great outdoors with your family.  It's so much work, but once you get there, all you do is sit back and relax.  I absolutely adore it and cannot wait till camping season is upon us. 

So...now that you have read yet another totally weird and random blog...I will go.  I hope you all had a great Monday.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...