Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ringing Ears

It's funny.  This time of year, I mean.  It's the time of year that happens every year when I think that maybe I don't want to go back to being the lunchroom monitor next year. 

The kids are extremely loud.  May-itis, maybe?  I try not to let them get the best of me...but then there are days when I do just that.  If I were just with a few kids I could control the noise...but a couple hundred, almost? 

Ummm, no. 

My ears were ringing when I walked out today, needless to say. 

And no, it's not just me...everyone that walks through says the same thing. 

I seriously must be out of my mind insane for liking my job.  I do, on most days.  Even on the days when I don't like it, I am thankful for it.  And the kids that don't get a lot of love from home get it from me.  Hopefully.  Unless it's been a crazy day.  Just kiddin'...I really do try to be nice to all of them. 

But some of them make it pretty hard.  I've learned to pray before I go in...no, really.  I commit the day to God, and I ask Him to help me display the fruits of the Spirit...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, self-control.  And everyday when I walk out, I thank Him for getting me through one more day. 

Especially during the month of May.  I love it and hate it, all at the same time.  I love it because school is almost out.  I hate it because kids go flippin' crazy! 

I just might join them one of these days...

Gotta run...kiddos are waiting to be picked up.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...