Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Little Of My Day

I'm so blessed.  I had an overwhelming moment tonight, sitting at my mom's house.  As wonderful as it is being recognized on Mother's Day, the stuff and the recognition are not what it's all about.  The honest truth?

I feel treasured each and every day.  My husband does a great job at teaching my kids how to be respectful.  And they are.  I know that it's not like that for everyone...but for me it is, and I thank God every single day for the wonderful husband and father Todd is to me. 

I was sitting at my mom's house tonight when the feeling of thankfulness came over me.  I am truly thankful.  I don't want to take anything in my life for granted...not my husband, not my kids...and for each moment that I am blessed enough to be in their presence, I thank God for.

There's a song I used to sing as a little girl that goes like this:

God is so good,
God is so good,
God is so good,
He's so good to me!

I can't get the lyrics out of my head.  He has blessed me so much...and not just me, but all of you as well.  The key is to open our eyes and to look all around us.  Everything in life is a gift from God.  I love James 1:17...the NET Bible says it like this:

"All generous giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation of the slightest hint of change."

Everything...all of it...is a gift from God.  If you are able to read this from the comfort of your home and have food in your fridge, then you are one of the wealthiest people in the world. 

My family made me feel so loved today.  And yes, I received some nice things.  But that wasn't what made my day so good.  It was the fact that not only was I able to spend my day with my family, at my church, worshiping my One and only Savior, I was able to enjoy family time with my extended family as well.  I was able to hold my husband's hand in the service this morning.  I was able to sing and worship freely. 

I am blessed.  So are you.  I love Philippians 4:6:

"Don't worry about anything.  Instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank Him for all He has done."

Thank Him for all your blessings...and if you can't name them, try even just one at a time.  For example: breath.  Life.  A car that works.  A roof over your head.  Even the smallest things that seem so trivial to you are not at all trivial...they are gifts from God.  If you don't believe me, try it.  Thank God for every little thing in your life that you can think of.  It'll revolutionize the way you live your life...and if you're a complainer, it'll turn you into someone filled with gratitude. 

I hope all you momma's reading this had a wonderful, blessed day.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...