Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy (one of the two left) Monday!

It was a great weekend.  Actually, now that I write that, when is it ever a bad weekend?  Time off from work/school, not much on the agenda, summer break right around the corner...how much better does it get? 

Todd worked with the sheriff's department the majority of the weekend.  Memphis In May is now over for this year, and he has officially gotten in all (plus some) his required time.  The boys and I did pretty much nothing Friday night (we were minus Graham, plus Drew's friend, Luke).  Saturday morning my Daddy came to pick up the 3 boys that were here and took them to his house.  He paid them to pick up sticks...and they did for two hours, but still didn't finish.  They're going back next week.  Then we had a baseball game to go to, then Graham went to my Daddy's house to cut his grass. 

Whew.  Makes me tired thinking about it. 

The rest of the weekend passed in a blur.  I am thrilled that today is the 2nd to last Monday of the school year!  I can't wait to be done with school for a while...and to be done with such a rigid routine.  I know I say this every year...and it never gets old.  Well...until boredom kicks in a little with the kids.  I'll have to be imaginative about how we spend our time this summer.  I know of at least 3 weeks that will be filled...VBS, camps for all the boys, and a week of vacay. 

BUT, before all that starts, I have to get through these last 2 weeks.  I have so much going on this week that I had to write it all down and post it on the fridge so I wouldn't forget anything.  Starting with today: Drew has a volleyball tournament at 9:15, Graham has field day, it's my mom-in-love's birthday, and the littles have a baseball game. 

Like I said...I'm kind of forgetful, so I had to write it all down and stick it where I knew I would see it easily.  I did that for Todd's benefit, too...that way, he can't say that I didn't tell him about what was going on.  :)

He would NEVER do that.  ;) 

I got Graham off and running for school this morning.  I guess I'm going to get off of here and go do something productive.  Like laundry...or making lunches...or blow-drying my hair...something of that variety. 

I hope you all have a wonderful, happy Monday!  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...