Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

It was a very happy one, indeed.  At least for these Goodwin's.  We went to the West Tennessee Veteran's Cemetery to a Memorial day program.  We went with my dad and step mom.  We planned it really well this year (thanks to my fantabulous hubby!) and got there a whole hour early.  We were able to park really close and got a great spot in the shade of a ginormous tree. 

It was amazing outside.  Hot in the sun, but great in our little slice of shade.  The boys laughed and ran around goofed off, then went exploring some of the graves.  They were searching for one in particular.


Lavon was Todd's mom's cousin.  Mimi's cousin.  I didn't think they would find it, but they did. 


There's usually a fly-over done by some military fighter jets, but there wasn't one today.  But there was good, quality family time, spent remembering those who have given their lives for our freedom. 


And the boys are always thrilled when they have a huge, grassy area to play in.  They are boys, after all. 


They do love each other.  Sometimes.  At least for today they did.  It was a wonderful morning.  After the ceremony, we ran and bought lunch and brought it back home.  My dad and Sandy were able to stay and eat with us.  We hung out for about an hour, then went to Mom's.  For the best ribs I have EVER put in my mouth. 

And for a huge, red-neck slip'n'slide.  That involved a tarp and a sprinkler.  It was awesome. 

Now we're just hanging out at home.  The boys are all outside (imagine that) and Drew's got a friend spending the night.  Tomorrow we have big plans.  We're going to the new park at Shelby Farms and to their Mimi's house for some more swimming.  I'm excited.  After I sleep in, of course.  Since someone woke me up a little too early this morning. 

Love to all.




No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...