Thursday, March 24, 2011

just thoughts

Today is my Friday.  :)  We're celebrating my sweet Daddy's birthday all weekend.  And not just any birthday, but his 80th birthday.  I cannot even believe he's turning 80...he looks amazing for his age and is in great shape. 

All of the family is coming in town for the big shindig.  They started arriving last night...my brother Paul, his wife Teresa and their son William landed at 9:45 last night.  Today my sister Teri and her husband Wes arrive, along with her son Marty, and her daughter Amanda...who comes with her husband Mike and their daughter, Claire.  WHEW!  There are going to be so many people around, but I can't wait to see them all. 

I haven't seen Marty in over 14 years, and it's been almost that many with Amanda.  I've only met Mike once, and that was when they were dating.  It's been 2 years since I've seen Teri, Wes, Paul, Teresa and William.  We visited with Paul and his fam while we were in Florida a couple summers ago...he's who gave us the grand master tour of both the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.  I tell him all the time that he should write a book...especially on the ins and outs of all the Disney Orlando parks.  His wife works at Epcot, so going there is equivalent to us going to the Memphis zoo. 

Anyway, I'm taking tomorrow off and keeping my kids out of school.  We'll be going to the zoo and then having the big bash tomorrow night.  But the festivities continue all weekend.  I can't wait to see my Dad open his gift from all of us...and in case he's reading this, I won't tell you about it until after the fact.  I don't want to ruin his surprise. 

Well, I just thought I'd catch up for a few moments, but it's that lovely time of day when I have to begin the daunting task of waking my sleepy children.  I hope you all enjoy this glorious day.  Love to all!

1 comment:

mandyd said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet daddy! He is such an amazing man of God and is a blessing to be around!!!! I hope you have a great weekend girl :))

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...