Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Monday!

Now that I have something to look forward to on Monday mornings, it's become one of my favorite days of the week.  However...I'm having to miss for the 2nd week in a row, and I'm bummed about it.  Last week I had to miss because of a huge catastrophe involving a crying almost 8 year old, a gallon of milk and our garage floor.  :(  It made my whole morning run late...and even Drew had to miss Safety Patrol that morning.  I'm telling you, it was not a great way to start the week. 

I'm having to miss today because of Drew's annual IEP meeting.  I wish I would have paid attention to the day of the week it was scheduled for, but I didn't, so now I'm having to miss MIT again.  I'll survive, though.  I'm sitting at my kitchen table listening to Travis Cottrell Jesus Saves Live, enjoying some quiet and some worship and the maple syrup oatmeal and toast I just finished eating.  It's a good morning. 

I'm listening to these words right this minute: 

"You're worthy of worship
You're worthy of praise
 You're worthy of honor"...

He is.  So worthy...even my most heartfelt worship doesn't hold a candle to all that He deserves.  He is so good to me...He is so faithful.  He blows my mind.  Every minute that I spend with Him is even better than the last, and I never want to live even one second without Him in my life.  I have a cross that I wear a lot...it's a necklace that my dad and Sandy bought me while they were in Israel.  I love it...love where it came from and what that trip did to them.  It set them both on fire for God and for the first time in my then 32 years (it was 2 years ago), I saw my dad shed tears.  He is a different man because of that trip.  It took him to new levels in his relationship with the Lord, and it was by God's grace that my dad even went.  Because what came in those next few months after that trip were completely unexpected and it sustained my dad through the tough times.  I've heard Israel does that...that's why I want to go so bad, but with the way our world is at this moment, it might not ever happen. 

Anyway...about the cross...on the back it says simply, "Jerusalem".  And all over Jerusalem, my dad told me there are signs that remind us to pray for Jerusalem.  Those were and still are God's chosen people...and that used to confuse me.  But now that I think about it, I wonder if those people are symbolic of all His believers and followers.  Why not?  It makes sense in my brain, but I'm not sure if it really does, or not.  I know that we are God's chosen ones...and that He has our names written on the palms of His hands.  He loves us...He truly loves us, and He wants us to pursue Him. 

Doesn't that just catch your heart?  He wants YOU to pursue Him.  He wants you to want to have a deeper walk with Him.  He wants you to know Him and to love Him...and He wants to shower you with His blessings.  I used to think that Christianity was kind of boring.  No partying, no seeing certain kinds of movies, no clubs...these were all the things I did back then.  But you know what?  Being a believer and a follower of Jesus Christ is the furthest thing from boring.  It's an amazing adventure...and each day is a brand new day full of possibilities.  I never know what I will be doing that day.  I never know in what way God is going to use me that day.  I never know what He has in store for me.  It's a great mystery, for all you book-lovers.  I love the newness of each moment, and I love the possibility of packing it all up and going where He calls, if that is what He so desires. 

I am constantly being humbled.  I am constantly amazed at all He does in protecting me and my loved ones.  (Like when your kids' school gets struck by lightning...like mine did last Friday.)  I am always being stretched and pulled and used way beyond my own capabilities.  He is forever showing me that He is in control of my life...and it's my privilege to be able to allow Him full access to me.  I have given myself to Him as a vessel for Him to move through, speak through and use...all for His glory. 

All this might seem foreign to you...it's okay.  It was to me, too.  All of my life I was raised in church.  I was always faithful in attendance.  But then I let the world take over my life.  I gave in to peer pressure, I made horrible decisions, I disobeyed my parentals when I was in high school, and even on into my early child bearing years, I was not living my life in a way that pleased my sweet Jesus.  But He called me back to Him...He reminded me that He still loved me, and that He wanted me to have a relationship with Him.  So in a massive series of events (attending one church, working in the nursery, leaving and attending another church for a year, coming back to my previous church, joining the choir, going on a choir retreat, quitting smoking, and almost giving up on my marriage) He gently and lovingly called me home. 

I recommitted my life to Him and it has been the greatest thing I've ever done.  He has brought me out of so much, He has healed, He has provided, He has restored, He has changed my life.  I am more in love with Him everyday.  I cannot get enough of Him or His word or praising Him.  That is what I was made to do...worship Him.  My favorite thing in the world is to help lead worship at my church.  It's an honor to lead people into His presence and set the tone for the rest of the service.  I love it...and it brings Him glory. 

Well, I was going to write more, but I am officially out of time.  More later?  Maybe.  Love to all...and happy Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...