Friday, February 18, 2011

weekend thoughts

I love Friday's.  I guess that never goes away, does it?  I especially love Friday's when it's a long weekend!  Even better than Friday is a Monday that we are out.  *I'm sorry to all my teacher friends who have to work.  :(

I love weekends...still.  I used to love when I was going to a friend's house, or when a friend was coming over to mine.  Both is the case for my 4 boys tonight.  Graham is going to a friend's house, Drew is going to a friend's house, and Jonah and Noah are each having one friend over.  :)  So we'll still have 4 kids, even if they're not all ours. 

I'm excited about tomorrow's first Lacrosse game.  I can't wait to see my boys out on that field!!!  I'm hoping I catch on pretty quickly.

I still have an annoying cough.  I even took cough medicine on Wednesday, but it didn't help.  And if it doesn't help, I am NOT drinking that nasty stuff again.  The good thing is that my head no longer feels like it's going to break. 

I'm excited about 2 nights in a row of not having to worry about what we're having for dinner!  Tonight we're going to the in-love's house for pizza (along with the 2 friends that Jonah and Noah are having over), and tomorrow night we're eating at my mom's.  :)  Yay!  I love to cook, but I really love when I don't have to think about dinner.  I don't know what I would do if that fact ever changed.  We've been having dinner with my mom and Bill on a weekend night since Todd and I first got married.  Fourteen and a half years is a long time to have one night a weekend that I don't have to think about dinner. 

I dislike the show that comes on Disney, Zeke and Luther.  But at 6:30 on a weekday morning, the pickins' are slim. 

I always set my alarm clock (with 2 alarms) for 5:00 and 5:30.  I do good to make it out of bed at 5:45.  Like this morning...and my shower is great at waking me up.  I've also learned that if I do not let Sambo and Skippy into the bathroom with me, Sambo will open the door, forcing the bright light to shine directly onto my sleeping hubby's face.  Seriously.  And Skippy just sits in front of the tub and meows, in hopes of getting sprinkled with water.  She loves getting wet.  I know.  Weird, right?  All of our animals have some sort of issue. 

Another reason I love Friday is because two out of my 4 kids buy their lunch at school on Friday.  :)  Meaning...I only have to make 2 lunches.  Not 4. 

Well, I must go.  Happy Friday and love to all!

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...