Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring in the South

We had our first taste of the weather that will be here before we know it.  All week, forecasters have been calling for crazy bad weather for Thursday.  Thankfully, at least in The Ville, it never got that bad.  Although, our tornado closet did get used when the sirens started going off.  I am so glad I cleaned that closet out last week!!  Perfect timing.  Anyway, turns out the sirens were going off for no reason for us here in The Ville...and they quickly went off. 

The thing I can't stand is how they interrupt the shows!  American Idol is NOT going to be on my DVR when I go to watch it later.  :(  And seeing how Wednesday night's episode ended...I am not a happy camper.  Jennifer Lopez was in the middle of having a breakdown on being the bearer of bad news.  I cried when she said goodbye to Chris Medina...the guy who is engaged to the paralyzed girl.  :(  Huge crocodile tears. 

So...I had a first happen to me yesterday.  Drew and Graham were invited to go on a w/end camping trip with Drew's best friend since kindergarten, Nate Wylie.  Graham isn't going...he had already made a commitment to a school event, but Drew is going.  For the entire w/end.  He leaves today after school and comes home Sunday afternoon.  I'm so excited for him....kinda sad for me, but mostly excited for him.  This family he's going with is amazing...I've always told everyone that these are the people you would let your kids go anywhere with, and I meant it.  Their son, Nate, is like our 5th son...and they're always so nice to invite Drew AND Graham over.  Graham's a little disappointed that he's not going, but he is looking forward to being with his school friends tonight. 

It'll be a quiet w/end without Drew around, but I'm still looking forward to it.  I don't know what we've got planned...but we'll have fun being together.  Tonight, Todd will probably be playing catch up on sleep, since he stayed out all night last night on a call.  The bad weather did hit Millington, and there were trees down everywhere.  The chief called Todd and asked if he could come in with one of the trucks.  He's on his way home now, so I'm praying he makes it here safely before he crashes...especially since he's been awake almost 25 hours now. 

Well, I'm going to run and get started on my day.  I hope you all have a fantabulous, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!  Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Been awhile since I've checked blogs thanks to a dead computer... but now that I have a new one I've enjoyed catching up on the happenings of your family! Hope Todd gets lots of rest today after working so hard during the storm! Thank goodness for good people like him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...