Thursday, February 3, 2011

Just a Glimpse

I am so glad this is Thursday!  It's been a good week, don't get me wrong, but I'm always excited for another approaching weekend.  I can never get enough of all of us being home and together...the way God intended.  ;)  And, today is kind of my Friday.  I am going to work for an hour tomorrow, but then I have to leave for a doctor's appointment.  The hour will fly by.  Which is fine by me!

I'm sure we'll have friends around over the weekend, and I know we'll be catching up on Idol.  :)  We have a bowling birthday party to go to on Saturday, then we'll go to my Mom's, Graham and Drew mentioned wanting to go to a friend's last basketball game...busy for sure, but lots of fun in the mean time. 

Thankfully, we will NOT be doing science fair projects!!  Wahoo!!!  One thing I have learned with having a middle schooler, is that I have to make sure and ask Graham on Thursday what he has due the following week.  Because I cannot tell you how many times he's told me on Sunday at 4:30 that we need to go to Hobby Lobby for the supplies he needs.  Because he forgot about it!  Ugh...I have definitely learned that by now.  And thankfully he is paving the way for me to know what to do with Drew when he goes next school year! 

All in all, it's been a great week.  I made a comment on facebook yesterday about me being able to write a book and titling it "Tales from the Lunchroom".  All I meant by that was that it's been a very interesting week.  Things that usually don't happen have happened...multiple times.  And in front of parents who are eating lunch with their kids.  It's been interesting.  I'm reminded often of my need to be flexible.  Because I don't do only what I was hired for.  I do other stuff too, the biggest of which is playing hostess to sixty something parents who come on Friday, and trying to make them all happy.  Plus lots of other little things that I would love to mention on here but won't. 

Anyway...I need to run.  It's almost that magical time...the time of waking up the other brothers.  And hoping that they don't get out of bed thinking it's Saturday like I did.  :(  Man, I can't stand it when that happens!  Love to all!!

2 comments:

  1. I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...