Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How To Reach Your Potential...Part 1

...according to our pastor, Thomas Lindberg.  I don't usually do this kind of thing, but I enjoyed Sunday's messages so much that I thought I would share them for all of bloggy world!

"How can I reach the potential God has for me?"

10 Key Principals

1.  Fill conversations with faith talk.  Psalm 19:14 says this:  "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." 

The Holy Spirit draws you to God.
The Holy Spirit gives you faith to believe God.
After repentance, the Holy Spirit encourages you and builds you up.

Jude verse 20 (there's only one chapter in Jude) "But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith..."

2.  Expect God to send someone into your life to help you succeed.

God has people in strategic places at the perfect time.  He gives you the discernment you will need about these people in your life.  Some will be there to help you...but some will be there to hinder you.  Be sure and ask for that discernment and the guidance you need from Him to help you to determine which is which.

In Romans, Paul talks about Phoebe...she helped him along in his life.


*The person who doesn't INcrease you, will DEcrease you.*

3.  Understand that fear in your life can be the death of your dreams.

Matthew 25 tells the story of the 3 servants who were given money while a man went away on a long trip.  One servant buried it, for fear of losing it.  Two of the servants went and invested it and earned double the amounts they were given.  The one who buried it let his fear take over his life, thus preventing the blessing the others received.


*Fear knocked on the door.  Faith answered the door.  When Faith answered the door, no one was there.*  Fear cannot stand in the presence of faith.

4.  Realize the Bible is your only sure foundation.   

Psalm 119:105 says "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."

5.  Learn that seasons of your life will change when you use your faith.

Hebrews 11:11 says, "It was by faith that even Sarah was able to have a child, though she was barren and was too old.  She believed that God would keep His promise."  

When we are our most frustrated, that is when our faith should be the most evident!  Let go...and let God.  
      
I'm out of time.  I'll finish this later...if it makes you feel better, it was given to us in 2 parts as well!  Love to all...and remember, these are my notes from our message on Sunday.  Some of it our Pastor said, but some it is what I took it for.  I hope you all have a warm and dry Monday...it's nasty out.  Love to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...