Saturday, February 5, 2011

Football (and Food) on the Brain

Yup.  You read it right.  How can I not be a little excited about Super Bowl tomorrow night?  I am surrounded by boys, and some of the excitement and anticipation is wearing off.  One reason is because of a show we watched last night.  It was the best commercial from Super Bowls of years past. 

I also might have planned my entire grocery shopping trip around the food I plan on serving tomorrow night.  :)  I know, right?  So far I'm planning on nacho's, meatballs, chicken tenders and leftover potato soup.  We don't have any plans for anyone else being here, though.  I also plan on doing stuff ahead of time so I can enjoy the commercials game. 

I've had a pretty lazy day so far.  I slept in, took a leisurely shower (because nobody else was here but me!), and watched tv while I drank my coffee.  Good times.  Then I got up to get dressed when the boys got home and ended up cleaning both upstairs bathrooms.  Then I helped all the boys put up their laundry and changed some sheets. 

The boys were gone because my sweet father-in-love Wiley bought Todd and the boys tickets to our church's annual Super Bowl breakfast.  That was why it was quiet in my house this morning.  It was heavenly.  That just about wraps up my day.  We have a birthday party to go to this afternoon, and the boys are thrilled.  They're going bowling for our neighbor's party.  I'm kind of excited myself. 

I hope you all have a great Saturday (and Sunday)!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...