Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wow God Wednesday

Klove...it's in my first sentence again.  And no, I am not being told or paid to mention them.  It's just that I love this ministry so!!!  And the morning show is my favorite ever, with Lisa and Eric.  Lurve!!!  Anyway, instead of calling Wednesday 'hump day' or what have you, they've newly named it "WOW GOD WEDNESDAY"

Catchy, huh?

Anyway.  Do you have any Wow God stories you'd like to share on here?  Or on facebook, if you're reading from there?  I do, but I'm saving mine for a later date.  To be announced later...much later, probably.  Anyway...(oops, there it is again!  I love that word!)...

I do have a cool one from 16 years ago.  Actually it's not mine, it's Todd's.  After his graduation, he and his friend, Bob, drove to Colorado.  They were gone for about 2 weeks.  While they were gone, Todd was in a really bad mountain bike accident and skidded face first down a road.  Long story short, he had to have many stitches in his face, and an xray showed that he had a broken bone.  (I would love to tell you where that broken bone was, but for the life of me, I cannot remember.)  Upon seeing the xray, all the parentals (Bob's and Todd's) started praying and asked other people to pray with them.  When Todd went to the dr. again to possibly have a cast put on, in another shot of an xray, the broken bone was mysteriously not broken anymore.

Okay, I know I'm leaving details out, but this is the gist of the story.

Anyway, coincidence?  I think not.  How about "BUT GOD" instead?  Our God is greater, bigger, stronger and more powerful than anything I can imagine.  He is also Jehovah Rophi-the God who heals!!! 


I know that God does not heal everyone.  I don't know why...but if you want to read a great statement about this, you'll have to click here on my friend Rene's blog.  But He is capable of doing this.  We also have to do our part and believe and have the faith that His miracles require.  Our pastor has been teaching on this lately and it's been eye-opening for me. 

So...do you have a story to share?  Don't be shy...we need to share all we can so non-believers will see that our God is very much alive and dwelling within us. 

One more thing on a side note, really.  In my daily Bible reading (for anyone who wants to know, I'm reading The One Year Bible in the New Living Translation), I was reading about Joseph in Genesis.  He was the son of Jacob, his favorite son in fact, because Joseph was born while Jacob was older.  He had eleven brothers...some whole, some half.  His brothers made plans to kill him, but one of the brothers, Reuben, saved his life by coming up with an alternate plan.  Instead of killing him, they sold him to some Ishmaelite traders.  That's when Potiphar bought him.  Joseph was highly esteemed, and wherever he went and whatever he did, God was with him.  I just like that phrase.  God was with him. 

God is with you.  He's with me.  I hope this encourages someone who needs it today.

"But the Lord was with Joseph in the prison and showed him His faithful love.  And the Lord made Joseph a favorite with the prison warden."  Genesis 39:21

Whatever you're facing today or in the days to come...God is with you. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...