Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

We celebrated ringing in the new year last night with some amazing friends.  This is our third year to celebrate with them.  We feel blessed to be part of such a great group of people, and what better way to celebrate than with friends? 

These are friends that we go to church with.  There were 4 and a half couples there (one of the hubbies was sick) and a bajillion kids.  We ate, played cards, played the wii, sat around and talked...and ate some more.  It was a great night. 

Of course we and one other couple were the last to leave...at 2:00.  I was finally about to fall asleep, but everyone else was going strong.  I was also thinking ahead a little, because whatever bowl Alabama is playing in today starts at noon, and we're going to my mom's for lunch.  Which means that we will have to leave our house at 11 so Todd can see the kick off.  If it weren't New Years day, he would be enjoying this game from the comfort of our own living room.  But since whatever you do today is what you do for the rest of the year...he's joining us.  :)

We spent yesterday taking down the Christmas decorations.  My wonderful hubby jump started this by going outside and taking down the lights.  My awesome son, Drew, completely un-did the tree, then him and Todd took it all apart.  I was so thankful, because while they were doing that, I was switching back to my everyday dishes (instead of the Christmas ones) and cleaning as I went.  And re-arranging my hutch.  We got it all down and put away, though...well, except for one Santa I forgot to take off the wall, and our mailbox wreath.  :(  There's always one thing, ya know??

Well...speaking of leaving soon...I need to get ready to do just that.  I hope all of you enjoy your families today.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...