Sunday, January 9, 2011

Church Day

And I'm home alone.  :(  I'm sad about missing church, but I felt like it would just be best if I stayed home.  I've been trying my hardest to get sick ever since Friday, and I really don't want to get any worse.  Especially if it snows!!  I plan on being with all of them when we go sledding!

I finally finished my Sarah Palin book, Going Rogue.  On Friday night I picked up the newest Karen Kingsbury book, Unlocked, and I finished it this morning.  It was SO. GOOD.  It's about a boy with autism, and his daily struggles through life.  It makes you wonder...what are those kids thinking?  Do they feel normal inside, like the boy Holden did in Unlocked?  He thought he was carrying on conversations...but to the outsider, he was closed off with a wall up around him. 

It just makes you wonder, ya know?  And it sure makes me want to remember those kids...I see them every day in school, and while I'm always nice to them and smile at them, maybe I can do a little something extra.  Maybe take the time to get to know them.  I'm happy to say that Jonah and Noah each have a "special friend" in their class...they're in the process of being mainstreamed.  This thrills my heart, because it is teaching them the gift of compassion.  And patience.  And understanding. 

So while the fam is away, I decided to go upstairs to clean off my bookshelves.  Mostly so I could find another book to read, but also because I'm donating some books to my neighbor, who needs to raise money for softball.  I also organized them, and put them in order.  I know...boring stuff to the normal person, but I never claimed to be "normal". 

I'm trying to decide what to have for lunch before the kiddos get home.  Speaking of...they just called and are on the way!  I need to run...enjoy your day!  Love to all!

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...