Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm Dreaming...

...of a White Christmas!  We might actually get one this year...and the white stuff, not just the yucky ice!  I would absolutely love that!  I don't think I've had one.  Have you?  They are not at all common in Memphis, TN. 

We had a wonderful day today.  We celebrated Christmas with Todd's family.  I love that we have a whole day to enjoy with them...and not just little bits and pieces like we used to.  We do Christmas early with them, we do Christmas eve with my dad, then Christmas day with my mom and sisters.  It works great for everyone...and gives us good, quality time with each part of the family.  My mom is always sweet and invites Phyllis and Wiley to eat with us over at their house, which I love.  I can't stand the thought of someone being alone on Christmas day.  However, I was warned that if it does indeed snow, they will be spending their day at home by their fire.  Can't say I blame them. 

We're having a wonderful Christmas break so far.  Monday I baked, Tuesday I spent with my mom, and today was all of the Goodwin's.  Tonight Drew has a friend spending the night...a new friend, who is in his class this year.  His name is Luke.  :)  He's one of those really nice boys~the kind that's nice to the younger siblings, as well.  I love that. 

Tomorrow my sweet Daddy is coming to spend the afternoon with us.  I called him and invited him over sometime yesterday.  Because we LOVE spending time together.  Especially when we're not in any hurry.  I really want to go see Narnia...I absolutely love those movies, but I doubt we'll do that.  It costs too much!!!  Maybe next week, though.  :) 

Anyway...it's been a perfect day.  I love these kinds of days...when my kids make me proud, when one moment just blends into the next wonderful moment.  It was perfect.  Well...I'm about to hit the sack.  After I read some of my Christmas book, that is.  Goodnight...and love to all.  And, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...