Thursday, December 30, 2010

Conversations with my Dad

Sounds like a book, doesn't it?  Hmmm...maybe that's what I could write about!  Anyway...

Him and my step mom are going to Hot Springs tomorrow, so we had our daddy/daughter day today.  :))  The kids chose to eat at Backyard Burger...all because of the playset.  Fine by me...I am in love with their blackened chicken sandwich.  We left there (because of all the teeny kids) and went to our school's playground.  Where they rode bikes and kicked the soccer ball around for the better part of an hour and a half. 

Then we came back to my house and I made us a pot of coffee.  And we talked.  As usual, but I thought I'd give you a glimpse into my living room walls, and hear some of our many subjects.  If this bores you...then come back another day. 

One of my favorite quotes of the day:  "They don't ask us our opinions.  If they did, we could really tell them how to run our country."  I won't go further than that.  :) 

We also talked about:

Simplicity...and the longing for a quieter, simpler life. 

The old days...how Grandma Lloyd used to let Daddy run crazy all over the city.  He told me him and his buddies used to ride their bikes through the storm drains, and how they would ride from their house all the way to the airport!  He also used to ride his bike along Nonconnah creek. 

How tired we are of politics as usual.

Jesus...and how amazing Heaven is going to be.

Family life...the differences between the yesterday and today. 

Alaska...and how when my parents go on to Heaven, I will end up living there someday.  :)

Starbucks...and how we think our coffee is much better than the junk they charge $5 a cup for.

Genealogy...the Lloyd's are from Wales, England.  There is also Indian mixed in somewhere, but I don't know what kind.

How getting old stinks because your memory just isn't what it used to be!

Long johns...God bless his little heart.

Retirement...he is over it.  :)

How huge our God is...the same God that spoke the world into existence wants us to cast all our cares on Him. 

Childlike faith...to the world, redemption is hard to understand.  But to Christians, it's the simplest thing ever.  Ask...repent...believe...and it will be given to you. 

High definition tv...how amazing it is. 

Food....lots and lots of food talk.  Especially while we were on the way to Backyard Burger!!

Patriotism...in light of our friend's son being killed in Afghanistan, we should all be so grateful to what these soldiers do for our freedom. 

Liberal press...how they only let you hear what they want you to hear, instead of all the positive.

I'll stop here, although the list goes on!  I cherish these moments I get with my Daddy, and the history lessons that he gives my kids.  These are the things I want my kids to remember...simple moments like today. 

Love to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Dads make their kids the prioritizing factor in every decision they make. They make sure that nothing and nobody takes precedence over their children. If needs be, they give up careers, homes, and dreams to be where there child is. They do it, and they do it at any cost.








    Proud to be a Single Dad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...