Sunday, November 7, 2010

What???

It's been forever.  FOREVER.  And yet I can't seem to make myself stop and write.  I don't really know why...except maybe that all my posts were starting to look the same. 

And then I thought...who cares?  I started this blog more for family than anyone else, so I will continue to write stuff about my amazing family for them.  And for me.  Since I'm not so great at the pictures/scrapbooking thing. 

It's been a really busy past few weeks.  We've been home, but when we're home, there is always something better to be doing!  We had so much fun watching Jonah and Noah play soccer, but thankfully, yesterday was our last game.  We can officially have our Saturday's back. 

Halloween has come and gone.  We had our annual celebration at my house.  I cooked a HUGE pot of Taco Soup, and we had fun with friends and family.  My friend Jessica joined us this year with her sweet little 3 year old boy, Carter.  Her hubby is one of the managers of Bone Fish out here in the Ville, and I hated the thought of her being alone on Halloween.  :(  Plus I really like her.  She's awesome. 

We had an amazing week of fall break before Halloween.  I would personally love to kiss the cheek of whoever put that week back on the Shelby County Schools calendar.  A whole week off...with no holiday to share it with...was ahhhmaaaazing.  We did something fun and fabulous everyday.  We had lots of time with friends, which is even better.  God has richly blessed us in the friend department.  We've got two couple sets that we are very best friends with...one from church, one from the Ville, and I thank God every day for them.  To have friends is wonderful.  But to have Godly friends...well, that's the icing on the cake. 

So fast forward to this week.  It's been busy, but it's been great.  Graham is full steam ahead in middle school.  He's in FCA as an officer (well, not officially, but he's on the tech team, so that includes him), he's in Bible club, he's in band, he stays after school every Thursday to watch the Lady Dragons and then the Dragons play basketball...he's very involved.  Sometimes it's exhausting keep up with it all, but all is well so far.  He's about to become more involved in a local church's jr. high youth group, too.  Our church is lacking in that department, and he's expressed interest in going to another youth group.  So...with this being said...it's been busy. 

The others are business as usual.  School is going great for them.  We have open house coming up next week in the elementary school, and they are always excited about that.  Drew has had several major book reports due since August, and Jonah and Noah have had a really big project due in their classes.  Ugh.  Drew was fine...he did his alone.  Jonah and Noah...well, come on.  Second graders doing a model of a building?  Alone??  I think not. 

This weekend has been the best.  My awesome hubby bought a fire pit Friday night.  So we made a beautiful fire in it and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows for s'mores.  With our friends.  :)  We sat out there for 4 hours.  It was the perfect night...and the kids all LOVED it.  I never knew that happiness could be found in a fire pit bowl, but we sure found it!  I foresee lots more nights just like that one.  And we can take it on camping trips.  :)  Fun times!!

Another random thought...I'm having commitment issues in choir.  This is our busiest time of year-Christmas production time.  And while I can make the Wednesday night rehearsals, I am struggling with the Sunday afternoon ones.  Today, for instance, Todd is in class all day.  This is something he has to do to keep his first responder license.  And today we have a two hour choir practice.  I just can't make my kids sit through it with me...not when daylight is scarce now (thank you, daylight saving time) and there is energy is to be spent outside with friends. 

See my dilemma? 

Maybe you don't, but it's huge for me.  And with it being the Christmas season...well...who knows what the outcome is going to be.  I need to pray about it some more. 

Well.  My kids are now up and getting dressed for church.  I need to join them and do the same thing.  I hope you all have a marvelous Sunday.  I am looking forward to mine...worship service is always my favorite time of the week.  I have lots to thank the Lord for this morning.  If you're not attending church today, I encourage you to find one to attend...whether in person or by watching it on t.v.  And if you need one to visit...why not try mine?  Click on the picture to the right...the one that says My Beloved Church. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...