Monday, November 22, 2010

weird thoughts

*I'm typing this on November 22nd, 2010, and it is 72 degrees outside.  Weird!

*Praise God, it's a 2 day week!  An hour into work today, I was counting down the minutes till I can stay home with my family!

*I had a major thankful moment this morning as I thanked God for a husband who works his tail off so I can stay home and just be with my kids.  Sure, extra money would be nice, but we choose to go without a lot in lieu of me staying home when they're home. 

*Have I mentioned my hubby?  He's my hero.  He would give anyone the shirt off his back if they asked.  Not only that, he is the most helpful soul I have ever met.  I haven't seen him much the past 7 days, we've pretty much been passing each other, but he does things for people that he does NOT have to do.  And he does them anyway.  I pray they're thankful of the time he gives them.  I pray they NEVER take advantage of him. 

*I am thankful for each blessed moment God gives me with my kids.  I promise to build them up, not tear them down.  I promise to help them, never hinder them.  I promise to teach them the values and morals that I was raised with, and I pray that they never know one moment of life without God guiding them and them listening to His leading. 

*I love Christmas music!!  And will enjoy listening to it as soon as I get The Christmas Window songs out of my head!!!

*I am thankful for such awesome parents.  I'm very thankful for the relationships we have, and I'm thankful that my kids thoroughly enjoy all their grands.  ;)

*I pray every day that the boys see examples in Todd and myself of how you should treat people.  And how you would like to be treated in return. 

*I pray every day that my boys stay close to one another.  I don't ever want them to grow apart. 

*Just because I want to, my kids will probably sleep in a big 'ol heap on the playroom floor.  Because what's life without a little randomness???

*We will enjoy eating pancakes and bacon in front of the tv tonight as we get caught up on the Amazing Race.

*Speaking of that show...when I sang Amazing Grace in church last week, I caught myself accidentally singing Amazing Race.  Wonder if my choir bud next door to me picked up on that???

*I think my kids are raking our leaves right now.  And by "my kids", I mean "Jonah".  Because he's awesome.  Even if he did just have a little melt down.

*I was blessed today because I had mercy on my kids and cleaned the garage.  God has mercy on us everyday, it's the least I can do as their mom.  Even if it was all their mess and not mine. 

*I love the sound of a basketball dribbling on my driveway, kids playing in the yard, someone jumping into leaf piles, and laughter. 

Well.  I have to get our fancy gourmet dinner started.  I'd hate to disappoint.  Love to all.

****Updated two hours later...the raking I heard in my yard was ten children raking the leaves in my front yard.  They were making the world's largest leaf pile and they were all taking turns jumping in.  Fun!  Kids are awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...