Saturday, November 20, 2010

and the Christmas lights kicked my rear

Oh yes they did.  My sweet 79 year old daddy is my new hero.  I volunteered my kids and myself to help him with his outside lights.  We got there at 9:30 and left at 4:00.  Of course, we would have left sooner if Noah hadn't decided to lock my keys in my car. 

My hubby had to come rescue us all the way from Southaven, MS.  Took sweet forever, but we got to visit with Sandy, so that was nice. 

All in all the lights weren't really bad, but there is something about fresh air that just takes it out of me.  I am exhausted and am counting down the minutes till I go to bed! 

Thank the Lord today is Saturday, because we went to my mom's and Bill's for dinner.  :)  And after leaving her "dressed up for the holiday" house, I am ready to yank all my decorations out of our attic!  We're actually going to do that this week....hopefully on Monday so I can get a start on all of it.  This really is the most wonderful time of the year!

And thanks to WRVR, I have pulled out my Christmas cd's!  My current favorite is Natalie Grant and Casting Crowns. 

Do you have a favorite? 

Well.  It's almost 9:30 and my bed is calling my name!  So is my newest book...so, with that I will say good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...