Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Song Full Weekend

I sang my little heart out this weekend.  As of 1:30 p.m. today, I was very tired of singing, and didn't even listen to my beloved KLove on the way home.  My church choir recorded a cd this weekend.  We were there from 6:30 last night until almost 10:30, and today we were back at 9:30 a.m. and finished by almost 1:30 p.m.  Lots of hours for just ten songs, but man did we sing. 

I loved every second of it.  Well, maybe not every second.  Like when my right ankle swelled up really badly and started shooting pain up the back of my leg.  I didn't love that so much.  Or when my knee started hurting on the same leg.  Or when people kept humming when we were supposed to be absolutely DEAD silent. 

There were some frustrating moments, I guess you could say.  But the bottom line is, God met us in the middle of our singing.  This cd is all for His glory, and I believe He gave us the strength we needed to persevere through the recording.  It was worth all that.  All the hours, all the frustration. 

And guess what?  We get to sing again tomorrow morning.  I'm so excited about church, I can hardly stand it.  I cannot wait to get in our seats in the choir loft and help lead worship.  It is my favorite thing to do.  I love singing for His glory.  Not because I'm exceptionally good, but because this is one of the gifts He's given to me.  What a waste it would be for me not to use it to the best of my ability. 

There are so many reasons why I love being a choir girl, but my favorite part is the leading of worship.  I believe we set the tone for the service...when we worship, it invites other people to enter in with us.  And it's not about sounding perfect, or having the youngest, prettiest, thinnest, best dressed people on the stage-it's about meeting with God and giving Him the praise due Him.  Sometimes we get a little lost on the way, and we lose focus as to why we do what we do.  He is at the heart of our worship, though, and if we remember that, then He will meet us there. 

In the morning we're singing one of my favorite songs: Amazing Grace, My Chains Are Gone.  Cory Riggs sings the solo in the song, and it's very powerful each and every time.  I've loved this song since it first came out three years ago.  I can't wait for tomorrow.  You all know how much I love Sunday's.  If you want a place to worship and don't have a church home, I'd love to invite you to my church.  Memphis First Assembly of God on Walnut Grove Road.  Service starts at 10:45.  I hope to see you there.

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...