Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Amazing Big Daddy

The things I love the most about him:

~He adores my kids...even when they're not quite at their most loveable. 
~He takes awesome care of my mom...and cooks almost every meal they eat.
~He is great at wearing whatever shirt you buy for him-even when it's a vintage superhero one that Noah picked out for Father's day.
~He loves to play with the boys.
~He teaches them how to cook.  (So someday they can cook for their mama.:)
~He gives the most incredible hugs.
~He is quick to love, but quick to jump on one of the boys if the need arises.
~He cooks us dinner almost every Saturday night.
~He'll cut my steak if I ask him nicely.  ;)
~He never has anything better to do than entertain the boys.  Well, at least they think that.
~He never lets us leave without an "I love you", a hug, and "RAWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR" as he shuts the door.  Because that started when Graham and Drew were 2 and 3.  And it NEVER gets old.  ;)
~He always has our favorite foods and our favorite drinks readily available when we're here.
~He never asks what they want...he just automatically cooks it.  He knows whatever he cooks, they'll eat.
~He makes s'mores with them when it's 95 degrees with a 112 heat index.
~He lets them have s'mores AND milkshakes, all on the same night.  ;)
~He stays outside for hours while the boys help him burn stuff from the afternoon grass cutting.

These are just a few things...but I love everything about him.  He's a great guy.  In case you didn't know that. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...