Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

I am thoroughly enjoying our week.  It's been hot, but thanks to the best neighbors ever, we're able to spend our afternoons in the pool!  And working on my tan is always kinda nice.  I had one of those delicious mornings on Monday, where I woke up before anyone else and caught up on all the shows I dvr'd while we were in Iceland.  I watched tv for like, 3 or 4 hours.  Seriously.  When have you EVER known me to do that?!

It was amazing.  I even made kids go back upstairs if they came down.  Because every once in a while, a mom just needs time to herself.

We finally got up and moving (and before you think I'm completely lazy, I did fold laundry while I watched!  Multitasking is a good thing!), had devotion with our lunch, and headed to the pool.  Where I proceeded to...

are you ready for this???


...LAY OUT ON A RAFT WHILE MY KIDS PLAYED AROUND ME.

Hallelujah! 

My tan is coming along quite nicely.  :)  If I do say so, myself.

That night I had promised Noah and Jonah they could have a friend spend the night, so while I went to choir practice, they hung out with Garrett.  Todd had a game, and I had practice, so my sweet friend Heather said the little 2 could come hang out.  :)  I love good friends.  Graham, Drew and I went to play practice.  Drew's not in our 4th of July production this year, but he wanted to come hang out.

Yesterday we hung out with my mom all day.  She makes my heart all happy.  It's not often that we get to do this, so I (WE!) enjoyed every minute. 

Last night, Graham had sixth grade Bible study to go to, so while he was there, the other doodlebops and Todd and I went to the Walmart.  For some much-needed groceries.  Among other stuff.  Like doggy nail clippers.  And silly bandz.  And new sunglasses for moi, since mine broke in Iceland.  And maybe even some baseball cards.  Which were too much there, by the way.

We came home and put that up, went and picked up Graham, then let the kids play soccer for a bit.  Jonah ran into one of his friends, the cutie patootie Ben with an even cuter laugh, and he came back home with us.

My dad once told me to never tell them no to friends spending the night.  I do every once in a while.  Not so much in the summer.

Today we're doing more of the same.  With the added bonus of church tonight.  And I get to hang out with the women!  I love going to the women's group on Wednesday nights.  I don't get to often b/c of choir.  So, I'm excited.

I know this isn't the stuff that dreams are made of...but for me...it is just that.  I love every single second that God gives me with my family and my friends.  I am blessed to have such wonderful people in my life...and a collection of friends, the true ones, that would do anything for me if I needed.  I say "collection" because when you have something in a collection, you treasure it.  And I treasure my friends. 

I am always telling the boys that in order to HAVE a friend, you need to BE a friend.  I try my hardest practice that same advice.  Every single person I am close to in my life is a blessing from the Lord. 

I encourage you today, to think of someone you treasure in your life and tell them just that.  Why not write a letter?  If you're pressed for time or separated by distance, email is okay.  I like letters or cards...something tangible that I can pull back out or carry in my purse for an added dose of encouragement.  If you're blessed enough to have even ONE good friend, thank the Lord for them. 

"It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart."  Philippians 1:7

Hope your day is blessed.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...