Tuesday, June 1, 2010

brownies, the Karate Kid, and other odd ramblings

I seriously need to go to the grocery store.  I've been going here and there in small trips, but I am about to have to make a big one.  The reason for this title, you wonder?  My kids are eating brownies for breakfast.  :( 

I know I stun you with my amazing parental qualities, and how I make sure they eat 3 well balanced meals a day.

Stand back in case that lightning strikes.

So last night after our cookout and swim, after we were all showered and pajama'ed, my hubby found The A Team on Netflix's instant queue.  So for the next hour and a half, him and all 4 boys sat glued to the television as they watched episodes 1 and 2.  Graham came downstairs wanting to watch the next episode this morning.  He called to Todd to ask how to set it up, and Todd told him he had to wait on him to watch it! 

So Graham and I perused other instant queue options and added some movies for us to enjoy.  So right now, with tummies full of brownies and sweet tea (we're out of milk, I told you I needed to make a grocery trip!), we're hanging out watching The Karate Kid.  I also added 2 and 3 to our queue.  I'm a sucker...these were my favorite movies when I was young!

Well...I say we're sitting here.  4 of us are.  The youngest is playing fetch with Twinkles the Cat who thinks she's a dog.  She makes us laugh.  You can throw something and she'll go get it.  Sometimes.  Other times she just looks at you as if you've lost your mind. 

She loves to watch tv, too.  And she digs through their toys until she finds her most favored thing: a rubber snake.  I told you.  She's weird.  But she makes us laugh. 

We're not doing much today.  We'll probably swim at some point, but before that I have movies to watch and laundry to fold!  And lists to make, and a grocery stop, and...and...and...

Nevermind.  I'd rather just watch this movie and not think about it all. 

We have a baseball game tonight.  :)  I'm ready for it to start back, since it's been a couple weeks since the older boys have played.  My sweet mom-in-law is coming to hang out with us this afternoon.  The adult conversation will be nice. 

Well, speaking of those lists...I'm going to go start the first one now.  I hope you all have a fantabulous Tuesday!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...