Tuesday, June 22, 2010

because I didn't do this on Father's day

I thought I'd take a moment and express my gratitude to a husband who not only is a wonderful husband, but just happens to be the best dad in the world.

I always thought I would marry a man just like my dad.  And when I first met Todd, I thought to myself, "He is so not like my dad!"  And he's not...not physically, anyway.  But that's where the differences end.

Todd is an attentive dad.  He always promised me that he would make the time for the boys.  That involves playing sports with them, coaching their teams, taking interest  in everything they do-things that meant a lot to him when he was a boy. Whatever that something was, and even if he wasn't interested in it at all-he promised to join them in the activities they chose.

He is every bit as capable as I am, and I know that is a huge blessing!  I've left him for weekends at a time, and especially for nights at a time, and I love that he maximizes that time and turns it into a dad/son fun night!

For instance, Saturday night, my sweet sister Trish and I had a "date" with our dad.  We went downtown to eat at the Spaghetti Warehouse, then we went on a carriage ride.  When I got home, Todd was outside on the front lawn playing ball with them.  He'd also taken them to CiCi's, which just so happens to be their most very favorite.  :)  When I balked at that, he just looked at me and said, "What?  It IS Father's day weekend."

That is what I love about him.

Among many other things.  I also love that he makes them respect me.  He won't stand for them yelling back, "YEAH???" when I call for them.  He has taught them to use manners...the good old fashioned Southern kind.  Another thing he's taught them is to be gentlemen.  He has taught them to hold the door open for me (and any other lady), as well.  I love that.

I tell him all the time how much I love him, and how much I appreciate him.  But even if he never reads this, I hope I express adequately just how blessed I am. 

If you ARE reading this-then I love you, honey.  You're the greatest.  :)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...