Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our Last Weekend Before Summer

It is a gorgeous weekend.  It was supposed to rain last night (didn't rain a drop...well, maybe 3 drops) and today (still not raining, but maybe it's going to be later?).  And it is warm and sunny!  Hello, sunshine! 

We're spending part of our day at the baseball fields.  All of them have games today, and what a perfect day for it.  The only thing that is NOT perfect is that Todd won't be there.  :(  He's working the BBQ fest all day.  So it's just me and the boys.  After the game we'll come back home for a little bit, maybe I'll let them play in the water, then we're going to Nana's and Big Daddy's for dinner.  And I hope he fixes something yummy.  Since I haven't cooked a great meal all week. 

I am already excited at how fast this next week is going to go-the kids have field day on Wednesday, and they have activities every day.  I think they've titled this week "Student Appreciation Week". 

Fun times.  I'll try to compose myself on Friday as I say goodbye to all the 5th graders.  It's always very emotional.  I had some who cried last year.  And you know that nobody cries alone in my presence. 

Dang it.  I wear my heart right there on my sleeve. 

I already can't wait for our first day of summer-Noah keeps asking when we get to start swimming.  And believe me, I cannot wait either!  I'm ready for all those lazy days!

Our trip is coming up (23 days, to be exact) and will be here before we know it.  I still kind of feel like it's not really happening.  Like it hasn't hit me yet, I guess.  We haven't heard a lot about what we're going to be doing, so you know that's killing me.  I like to know what is happening and when it's all going to happen.  I'm just sitting back and trusting that it will all just fall into place.  There are still some things I need to get for the trip, but I'm waiting for some reason.  Don't know why.  Maybe because of reason above?  Hmmmm.  Who knows. 

Well.  I must go and get dressed.  And the boys dressed.  And started with this lovely day.  I hope yours is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...