Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Heart Issues

I posted on my facebook status this morning a Bible verse that I looked up on Biblegateway.com, and it's one that I love.

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."  Proverbs 4:23 NIV


"Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you.  Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path.  Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil."  Proverbs 4:25~27 NLT


Is your heart being guarded?


Really?  At all times, even when no one is looking?

What about your mind?  Your thoughts?  Your actions?

I'm praying about this in my own life.  I pray that I can be the same ALONE as I am around lots of people.  I pray that in Christ Jesus He will guard all of my heart, my mind, my thoughts, and my actions.  

When no one is looking.

What about you?

I know this might be a touchy subject.  But it's one I'm willing to talk about.

This also goes along with us being the nicest to those immediately surrounding us, NOT just strangers, whom we may never see again.


I'm just sayin'.


 I loved this, and it spoke volumes to me today.  


I challenge you to practice this with me, starting right now.  Pray and ask God for wisdom, because He will freely give it.  


Love to all.


 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...