Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas

Wow.  What an amazing day we had yesterday.  And the day before.  And two days before that. 

We celebrated with Todd's part of the family on Tuesday.  Kinda weird, but I liked it.  It put us at his parents house all day and we were not rushed at all.  His brother and sister in law wanted to be back in Nashville by Christmas, and I don't blame them.  I don't think they have EVER spent Christmas at their own house. 

So that was Tuesday.  We celebrated with my dad on Christmas Eve and my mom yesterday. 

The boys love all their gifts {so do Todd and I!!} and we feel amazingly blessed.  It was a wonderful Christmas.  I have enjoyed every single crazy, chaotic moment that I've shared with my family this year. 

But now that the day is gone~I'm ready to tear down all my decorations.  My house feels all jumbled up and cluttered.  And dusty, but that's for another day.

Do you do this after Christmas?  As much as I love it, I am always ready to take it all down the day after.  I think it was the first year Todd and I shared Christmas as a married couple that this happened, but he came home from work one day after Christmas, and I had taken down all the decorations.  Including the REAL tree~and had propped it up on the wall outside our apartment door.  That was the first time he ever realized how efficient I can be.  :)

So, I'm thinking about doing some of that today.  I have a very effective method of doing this~I walk all through my house and as I find Christmas decorations, I put them on the dining room table.  Then when I'm finished, I pack it all up and haul it all back up the stairs. 

So.  I'm going to go do some of THAT now.  Now that I'm in the mood and all.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...