Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Quiet, Please

"He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love." Zephaniah 3:17


I think I need to be reminded of this daily. In all the busyness of the Christmas season, God longs for us to be still and spend time with Him.


"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10



He wants us to stay focused on Him~He wants us to commune with Him through daily conversations.


"Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have the chance to eat, He said to them: "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." Mark 6:31


I have not been quiet, and I have not had great conversations with Him lately. I've been busy and hurried and rushing around to get things on all my lists done.


Not that any of these things are excuses. But maybe they're explanations as to why I've had a short fuse lately. When I slow down and take that time to be quiet before Him, all is well in my world. When I neglect Him, craziness abounds all around me.


I am thankful for a God who loves me in spite of all my faults. I am thankful that He will take me anytime, anyway that He can get me~whether that be in long, drawn out sessions or in shorter segments of time throughout the day. I am thankful that He hears me in the quietness and in the loudness of my day.


I adore Him.


Just like my favorite Christmas song says.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...