Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Who Really Cares About The Title?

It's another gorgeous day here in the Ville. Even better than yesterday because it's more brisk. I am such a fall person, it is ridiculous.

So I feel the need to confess up to something. About 3 weeks ago, I broke out my first Christmas cd. I could not help myself. KLove was not working on the bathroom radio that morning, and I have to have some music while I get dressed. Todd has a Phil Wickam cd up there, but I wasn't in the mood for him.

So. There was a CHRISTMAS cd just right there by the radio. I sure did slip that little thing right in there. And jammed. I love me some Christmas music!!!

So, even though I may be listening to Christmas music already, what with the one in my bathroom and thanks to the Music Man, I refuse to decorate my house for Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving. I sure do plan on having it out of the attic and ready to start that very next morning, but this year, I am acknowledging Thanksgiving and how much we have to be so thankful for.

You're welcome, honey.

Oh, and about YOU, honey, I promise NOT to subject you to my pre~season music until it's the proper time. I promise.

Todd HATES when people put out Christmas before Thanksgiving. The last couple years he's just been nice and not said anything, but I really feel the need to honor what he wishes this year. And, it's a good lesson for my kids.

I gotta say, though, it is a sacrifice. Y'all, I love Christmas. Seriously. I love all things about it. The decorations, the music, the smells, the lights, even the insane traffic in and around the Carriage Crossing out here in the Ville. Because that is the ONLY mall I plan to go near. "Wolfchase" is a very bad word in my house.

I am so excited about life right now. I just feel so overwhelmingly blessed. Do not think for one minute that I take credit for anything that is a blessing to me right now. I don't understand why God loves me so much, but He does. David Crowder best says it. "Oh! How He loves us!!"

He is Wonderful, Glorious, Holy and Righteous. Victorious, Conqueror, Triumphant and Mighty. Healer, Deliverer, Shield and Defense. Strong Tower, my best Friend. Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Soon Coming King, Alpha, Omega, Lord of everything! He is Holy.

And He loves little 'ol me. Us. You. He blows my mind with His goodness and graciousness.

What about you? What awesome things has He blown you away with lately? Have you taken the time to look for them? Even by reading this entry, you're granted yet one more day here on this beautiful earth. Do you have a roof over your head? Clothes on your back? Food in your pantry and fridge? A car to drive? 2??? What about money? Do you have even $10 in your checking account? Because if you do, you're among the world's wealthiest.

Take the time to LOOK for Him today. Search Him out and all His blessings. Take the time to thank Him. Every good and perfect thing is from above, His Word tells us.

Remember the story of the men that Jesus healed from blindness and leprosy? Only one came back to thank Him. I want to be like that one~I don't want to forget where my blessings came from.

Thank Him today.

1 comment:

Clementsville: Population of 5! said...

Thanks for reminding me how blessed we all truly are... I'm super excited about Christmas this year too!!!

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...