Saturday, September 5, 2009

SPEED Channel & Cool Cars


This is what the boys were doing at 7:30 this morning. We all woke up at the same time~actually I was awoken by Jonah and Noah playing Speed Stack. We came downstairs, and while I was getting my wake~up juice, Graham had turned the t.v. on to the SPEED channel. Like father, like son.

It was this really neat show on Hot Wheels cars. They were talking about when the were first made and what some of the first cars were. So that led to the above picture. Drew said, "I bet we have one of those! Mom can I dump out all our cars and see???" These are only the downstairs cars~the rest of our collection is upstairs in their closets. They play with these on our car rug downstairs~all of them. Because one NEVER outgrows Hot Wheels.

Anyway. I thought I'd take a picture because they were so excited about finding one of those cars. Which we did not, by the way. We did find several that were made in 1978, and some from the 80's. I can't imagine where they would have come from.

It's gonna be a GREAT Saturday! College football is on all day~yes, the hubby is beside himself with joy~but he is doing me a huge favor!!!! We're hanging light fixtures today! I say "we", but I really mean "them". Them, as in Todd and my brother~in~law, Jim. Todd helped him hang some fixtures in a house of theirs they're trying to sell, and Jim told him he would help when he was ready to hang ours. So. Yay!! One of them is new~we're hanging it in the dining room, moving the one in the dining room to the kitchen, moving the one from the kitchen to the entry hall, and moving the one in the entry hall to above the kitchen sink. I am so excited. I lurve me some new fixtures!!!

I hope you all have a fantabulous weekend with YOUR families. I know I am.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...