Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hump Day & Prayer Meetings

I love Wednesdays. One reason is because of the fact that our week is half over. Another reason, and the biggest, is because we go to church on Wednesday nights, and along with that is choir. Oh, how I love to sing. Tonight is no different~we'll be eating dinner there, too. Hopefully with my dad because I haven't seen him in ages.

I was reading my devotion this morning, and today's verse came out of Matthew. Which is a book that I love, by the way~there is all sorts of wisdom in there along with some parables about Jesus. I love reading about His life on earth. Most of the stories I remember from my early Sunday school years can be found in the Gospels.

Anyway, I loved today's verse. It really jumped out at me~probably because I have been wanting to start a prayer group. Particularly with Collierville moms~whether they be home schooling moms, elementary, middle or high school moms~I just feel the need to pray over our students. We have some of the best schools out here, and I am grateful that my children go there. However, there are things they have to deal with daily that wear them down.

Anyway, here is today's verse.

Matthew 18:19, 20 "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

I feel like my kids are dealing with some really tough issues in today's time. I know that for a fact, actually, because I am an employer of their school. I really feel urged {led?} to pray in earnest for our kids. Anyone can join me, but I would love to meet with some other Collierville moms to pray over our kids and our schools. Any of you who read this~is this something anyone would be interested in? I'm talking maybe 30 minutes once a week. It's not a lot of time, but what a lot can be accomplished in that focused amount! We can do this at my house, or in private by scheduling a time for us to join together from our separate locations. For where two or three are gathered...

I don't know about you, but I am ready to see God move. In my life, in our schools, in my church. Remember the movie Facing The Giants? Why can't that happen in Collierville? Maybe because we've never asked. And if you haven't seen that movie in a while, watch it this week. I'm ready to see God move like that in MY community.

1 comment:

  1. Sure Jennifer I would love to! I know this school stuff wears me down and I am praying about a change in it. Homeschool or no. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...