Monday, September 14, 2009

HaPpY mOnDaY

What? It is. Yup, rain and all. We had an amazing time in Hot Springs~it was the perfect combination of doing fun things and relaxing. And playing Presidents and Losers, of course. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a fun card game that we learned from our friends, Brad and Marcia.

I finished a book while I was gone~yup, I am officially done with all the Twilight books. I need to return them to my neighbor now. I bought two more books at the Family Christian bookstore while I was there, and finished one of those. I stayed up until midnight thirty last night {this mornin', whatEVAH} reading it. This book was called Coming Attractions, and it is the last book of a whole bunch of series of books that I read as a teenager. It was so good. It was one of those you felt so good about at the end of it. I'm confident my favorite author is going to keep these books coming. Robin Jones Gunn is the author, in case you're interested in reading her stuff.

I love this line~one from the book I just finished~"I am a victim of God's grace." Aren't we all? Isn't that something? We are so undeserving of God's love~yet He let His Son taste death for us all. Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

I love the picture that paints. Whether our life has been great, or whether it's been really rough, we are all given grace from God. We are given it continually~because remember, His mercies are new every morning {Lamentations 3:23}. And not just over the "really big sins", either, but over everything. Pray and ask God to reveal to you areas of sin that you need to repent of. You might be really surprised. I just prayed this prayer this morning, and He revealed to me my antagonistic nature. He also revealed that I get too snippy with people.

None of us are sinless. Nobody will ever be as perfect as our Savior, but we can strive to be more like Him. Just taking a little time before we say or do something really dumb, think to yourself, "Would this please my Creator? Would it honor Him? Would it bring Him glory?"

I hope you see that my relationship with my Lord is not the greatest it could be. It improves each day. How does it improve? By studying His word, by spending time with Him in prayer, by giving Him the worship that He is so worthy of. I am continually growing in Him~in love and in knowledge. I am never content with my relationship with Him~this is one thing we should NEVER be content about. We should all be striving to grow more and more in love with Him.

I pray that God blesses you today. I know He has me. Love to all of you on this gloriously rainy, God~given day.

1 comment:

Clementsville: Population of 5! said...

I could not of said this any better, thanks for the message!!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...