Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Friday

It's been a great week. Except for the one teeny tiny little thing with my back. But other than that, it's been great. My back is really hurt...I went to see an AMAZING chiropractor yesterday {Dr. Jason Coleman} and though he was unable to adjust me, he tested my spine in all the other areas. He couldn't adjust me because my lower back muscles are really inflamed. He instructed me to put ice on it every other hour in 20 minute segments. He said it's definitely a disc issue. It could have been there for years and the pain just suddenly hit. He took lots of xrays and this morning I'm going back to talk about those xrays and the treatment plans. This all just happened Wednesday afternoon, by the way. It got really bad yesterday though, and every time I moved even a little, it took my breath completely away.

Anyway. I celebrated my friend Christa's birthday with her and 4 other girls last night. We had a blast. We ate at Jim's Grille out here in Collierville, then went to Starbucks and a movie afterward. Only 3 of us went to the movie, though, Christa, Amy and myself. We got in for FREE! All 3 of us! I LOVE free. It was a very pleasant surprise!! It was loads of fun. Christa is turning 28 on Sunday, and she invited all of her closest friends to come celebrate with her last night. Fun! We're seeing her today too, because the boys picked her out a little something they want to give her.

So today my plans are chiropractor, lunch with Daddy, and swimming. Maybe. The boys asked if Pappaw would want to swim with us, and I'm not sure if he would or not, but we can watch them swim. It rained a LOT the past 2 days, and the water just may be freezing. Or close to it. That doesn't bother the boys, but it does me. I can only stand it if it's above 81 degrees.

I came across this Scripture yesterday and wanted to share it.

Nehemiah 9:6 You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

Isaiah 45:5 God, I praise You because You are the LORD, and there is no other; apart from You there is no God.


Well, I need to get off this thing and go wake the boys up. I hope you all have a fantastic Friday! Remember my challenge to go to church this weekend...and get plugged in!! We have lots of things for families going on at our church right now. Tonight we're having game night for the families at First. Fun times, people. Get involved!!! Love to all.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...