Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday, Already?!

It's funny how during the school year, I'm like "Yay! Hump Day!", and now that school's out, I'm like, "What? It's Wednesday already??". {Was that too much punctuation for one sentence?} Blessed summer. I've shocked myself and gotten up early every day this week. I even had uninterrupted time. Uninterrupted time + quiet + little boys sleeping upstairs = good, no great, prayer time. Bliss. Sheer bliss.

So, you can safely assume that since I haven't been writing, I've been thrown into summer fun full throttle. It's been amazing. Monday we spent at the pool with Mimi, yesterday was a day at home {because we haven't been here since last Wednesday}, and today we volunteered at church and swam again. Tomorrow, weather permitting, we're going on a picnic with the illustrious Andi Miles, Jonah's kindergarten teacher. Is she amazing or what? She called Jonah last Thursday and said something like this: "Hi, this is Mrs. Miles, and this message is for Jonah Goodwin. Jonah, I love you and I missed you today. I had to go to work, and I was very sad because you were not there. I'm proud of you, and I miss you already. Tell your mom to call me, and very soon we'll go to the park and have a picnic lunch. Tell Mom I love her too." SERIOUSLY. Phyllis can testify because she was there and heard the whole thing. She is "precious and wonderful", just like she called her sweet little kindergartners every day.

So. I hope that happens. I will have one disappointed little {almost} first grader if it doesn't. We'll reschedule next week if we have to. Tomorrow night is baseball! I can't wait. I am praying the weather holds out on us. I cannot wait to see Todd pitch the whole game again, and I also can't wait for the Heat to rock their field. Again. =) Insert happy sound here.

It's been busy. It's been fun. We've laughed until we've cried, we've played, we've made memories {because when you have a kid like Drew who spreads eagle on a driveway, how can you not?}, we've had friends over 4 times {in 7 days, I might add}, and we've relaxed. I am thrilled that they're not stuck in front of the tv. In fact, yesterday was the first day they'd watched tv in the daytime and turned on the Wii and PS at all. It is blessed. It is wonderful. I love it.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...