Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thoughts For The Day

1 John 2:5,6 But those who obey God's word truly show how completely they love Him. That is how we know we are living in Him. 6 Those who say they live in God should live their lives just as Jesus did.

1 John 2:12~14 I am writing to you who are God's children because your sins have been forgiven through Jesus. 13 I am writing to you who are mature in the faith because you know Christ, who existed from the beginning. I am writing to you who are young in the faith because you have won your battle with the evil one. 14 I have written to you who are God's children because you know the Father. I have written to you who are mature in the faith because you know Christ, who existed from the beginning. I have written to you who are young in the faith because you are strong. God's word lives in your hearts, and you have won your battle with the evil one.

Verse 15: Do not love the world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. 16 For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. 17 And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.

Chapter 3:18 Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.

Chapter 4:16 We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. 17 And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.

Chapter 5:21 Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts.

I pray your day is blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment. Loved the verses you wrote about today...I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR HOW YOU ARE LIKING THE PRAISE BOOK BY D. CROWDER. Let me know if it's a must read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will...so far, it is! I came across one page yesterday that just sent chills all over me. I was like, "WOW." God is so good, isn't He? I fall more in love with Him every single day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...