Thursday, May 14, 2009

And The Countdown Continues...

For school to be out. I'm seriously over this year. We're ready for a break! It's funny because all the kids are really restless at the school. It's kind of like they're all just pushing their limits. I probably would too if I were them.

I had a LOOOONNNNNGGGG conversation with a friend yesterday about a lot of stuff that goes on at school, stuff that anyone can see who walks down the hall, and I really am thankful for the health {mental, emotional, physical} that God has blessed my children with. I think we all probably take certain things for granted, but I am grateful to the Lord for what He has given my family. I always say that we are in no way rich, but we are super rich in all the ways He has blessed us. And that is exactly how I want it.

I love the verse in Phillippians {I think} that Paul writes: "In all things I have learned to be content." Not many people can say that, and I know that I sure can't say that all the time. There are times when my flesh kicks in and I get jealous over a neighbor's new furniture, or new washer and dryer, or a gigantic house that one of my friends just bought. BUT THEN I remember that verse. And I remember to be thankful for the husband God gave me because he can fix broken things. And that is truly a blessing. He's saved us THOUSANDS of dollars over the last 12 years on our cars, and things around the house. He has given us a beautiful home to live in, one that may not be new, but one that I love. Because it's not about the house that makes the home~it's what goes on inside it. We often have it overloaded with friends and family, and THAT is what makes it our home.

I went off and started rambling again...my mind is wandering way off this morning, but I just feel the need to express my gratitude. Back to the school thing...only 9 more days! I am thinking that it may drag. Something you want to do really bad does tend to do that. I am also ready to start having friends over again. Since we have tball every Friday night {and sometimes baseball}, we've been too busy to have anyone over. :( That makes me sad because nothing gladdens my heart more than a house full of friends and laughter.

Well. I better get off here again. I have lots to do in a short amount of time. I'm contemplating going to the school early because 4th grade is having Pioneer Day today in the gym. Graham's teacher asked me to go, but I'm not sure if I really want to. Doesn't that sound awful? I probably will go in early, just not at 9. In order to do that, however, I need to get ready. So, au revoir, mes amis. {Goodbye, my friends.} Love to all.

***Interesting fact about me: I took 4 years of French in high school. I still use it occasionally. The boys thinks it makes me cool, and who wouldn't want to be cool in front of their 'tween boys? Because they don't think I am AT ALL. :(***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...