Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday Again! Words To Sweeten The Day

Psalm 40:3 He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD.
4 Oh, the joys of those who trust the LORD, who have no confidence in the proud or in those who worship idols.
5 O LORD my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them.
8 I take joy in doing your will, my God, for your instructions are written on my heart.
9 I have told all your people about your justice. I have not been afraid to speak out, as you, O LORD, well know.
10 I have not kept the good news of your justice hidden in my heart; I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power. I have told everyone in the great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness.
11 LORD, don't hold back your tender mercies from me.

The thing about these words is that they're all for us to hide in our heart. I love these verses, particularly verse 8. I found it before church started last night as I was sitting and reading my Bible. I love when God highlights a verse like that one for me. And He does that, if one jumps out at you, it's probably b/c He made you turn to THAT page and read THAT verse. I serve a mighty God, and today as you read this, I pray that He will bless you. May His face shine upon you as you sit and bask in His presence for a while this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...