Friday, April 3, 2009

HaPpY bIrThDaY, dReW!

Nine years ago today, Andrew Myles Goodwin entered into my life. I have not been the same since! I should have known that he would be the "different" one, because nothing about his delivery was normal. They gave me an epidural, but it didn't work. He was also almost a whole pound more than what Graham had been~he weighed in at just under 9lbs. He was the one baby that I actually nursed, but {and you're gonna laugh here b/c he's still the same today!} it wasn't enough for him! So he got both! That cracks me up. Maybe it was a sign of what was to come...

Drew was an incredible baby, he always had a smile on his face. He never got colicky like his big brother did, and he was easy to please. Again, this is still what he is like today! He LOVED getting into all sorts of things and was creative in the way he played from the very start. He loved to wear a long~handled bowl on his head, and he loved to hide in my cabinets. This one time when he was one year old and standing but not walking yet, I found him standing in the middle of the kitchen table, reaching for the string to turn the fan on. That was the kind of kid he was. He also has talked since he was eleven months old~no joke. He would say, "I go 'side." and that would mean he wanted to go outside. He actually translated for Graham all the time. Go figure.

Drew has brought sunshine into our lives~he's a joy to be around, and you NEVER know what is going to come out of his mouth. Last night he was cracking Todd and me up~so hard that we were crying. He is hilarious. He has a knack for making everyone happy, and old people love him. He also loves them. This one time this little Down's Syndrome boy kissed Drew on the lips and I asked Drew what he did, and he just smiled and laughed and said, "Nothing. He was just happy." I love my Drew.

Well, I have to get a start on our day~Drew has requested McAllister's for lunch. He wants a French dip roast beef sandwich, chips, and root beer. He also requested a cookie cake. So I'm going to deliver. God love him. Food makes him so happy.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Drew and Audrey share the same bday! Although, her lunch today wasn't as great... We might have to make a stop at McAllister's later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW! Happy birthday, Audrey! I didn't know that! It was yummy~hope you got a chance to stop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...