Saturday, March 21, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

This is the most typical last full day of spring break. It's cold, rainy and just B.L.A.H. My mood goes right along with it. I'm so sad to have to return to normal next week. We've enjoyed each other so much with all this time off. I am so selfish with the boys and our time together. I figure it'll all be over soon enough so I really do enjoy each and every moment. Even when they drive me bonkers.

We are not doing much of anything today. Especially with the yucky weather. We are going to Mom's & Bill's tonight~it's been a couple weeks since we've been out and we're all having withdrawals. I'm going to do some laundry, and pick up a little before our week starts. Oh, and learn a song I'm singing tomorrow night in church that's really difficult. Can't forget about that one.

We had David and Sunny over last night for steak. Yummy. It was the first time in a long time that we didn't actually play a game while they were here. We just sat and talked. And watched basketball. Fun times. It was kind of nice not doing anything after several hours at the Children's Museum. I love that place but it's kind of draining trying to keep track of all the boys in the midst of several hundred other children running around freely. Then there's the issue of mean kids~I can't stand kids like that. They drive me crazy. There were these 2 little girls that came up to my dad yesterday asking if that boy in the blue shirt belonged to him, and if so could he please tell him to stop being mean? It wasn't Drew (I knew that), but a 2 year old. Seriously. Those girls were like 13 years old. I would have said, "Don't tattle like a 2 year old. Just walk away from him." Pet peeve!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm going to finish reading my book. I only have a chapter or two left and then I'm going to start on all that laundry. If only they would stop dirtying up so many clothes.....

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, how sweet! 4 boys! I have two myself, and we have so much fun. Of course they would probably be revolted I called them sweet. How about "oh, how slimey, 4 boys!" But you're the mommy, you know what I mean. :-) Have a restful weekend.

Phyllis said...

These 4 boys are very sweet and like to be called sweet!! Mimi is very proud of them!!!!

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Hello there and welcome to SITS! Just making my rounds this morning and was delighted to find your blog. My what beautiful boys you have.

It's funny reading your post today because I was just telling my hubby yesterday that I miss rainy days. We have so few of them here in Nebraska compared to Texas.

~Shaye

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...