Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!

So I was interested in learning about the meaning of this day. While I thought I knew the answer, I did a little research and found out some more about it. Here's what I learned:

St. Patrick was not always a saint. He was a young boy named Maewyn, who was kidnapped at the young age of 16. He escaped his captors, and spent the next six years being a shepherd. It was during this time that he experienced a "religious awakening". He studied in a monastery and changed his name to Patrick. He then made it his personal goal to convert his beloved country to Christianity. One of the tools he used to reach the lost was the shamrock~he used it as an example to represent the Trinity~the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

However you choose to celebrate this day, I hope you take a second and thank the Lord for people like this St. Patrick, who have dedicated their lives to Him. Oh, and just because I cannot resist, Top 'o the mornin' to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...