Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Life

Yesterday was a really good day. It was fairly uneventful in the cafeteria of Collierville Elementary. The kids were actually pretty quiet. Of course, go figure, the one day a principal comes in to observe, but hey it was still quiet, so I'm not going to complain! I woke up with a headache yesterday that finally went away somewhere around 7 or so. I'm thrilled it finally went away. Thank you, Memphis weather. It was 20 degrees cooler yesterday than it was Sunday. I think it was all sinus~related.

The boys are addicted to this game online on a really cool website. If you have kids around my kids' age, little ones included, it's called poptropica.com. They LOVE it. They came in yesterday afternoon and did that for a long time. It was kind of nice, because other than "Is it my turn yet, Mommy???", I didn't hear much from them. That and the typical, "MOM! What's for dinner, I'm STARRRRRRVING!" I did fix them a good dinner that they all loved, which is unusual. Someone ALWAYS complains about whatever I make. I was happy.

Do you guys watch Jon & Kate Plus 8? That is my new favorite tv show and the boys love it. I don't know if I could be friends with Kate, though. She seems kind of bossy and she's kind of rude to Jon. Todd never has to put up with that, since I'm so perfect. (Stand back in case that lightning strikes me!) I get so cracked up at the boys, though! All 4 of them sit glued to the screen whenever that show comes on! They've been known to watch it upstairs by themself when they're on their way to sleep at night!

I'm doing this new thing with the third graders in Drew's class~it's called Fluency. It's something designed to help them be more fluent in reading aloud. Way too many kids get left behind in reading, and sometimes it's never caught until it's too late. So this helps them get more comfortable with the whole reading aloud thing. I remember HATING to read out loud when I was in school, which is why I love doing this. Anyway, I go to Drew's class every morning and the kids are given a piece of paper with a long paragraph on it that they have to read to me. I time them and count their mistakes. In the three weeks I've been doing this, I've seen so much improvement! It's so exciting seeing this progress in these sweet kids! There are some who really struggled at first but are getting better and better! I kind of dreaded doing it at first because I didn't know she wanted me to come EVERY morning for the rest of the school year, but I've come to look forward to it so much. And the kids all get these huge smiles on their faces when they see me walk through the door. They love doing it as well. It's really cool.

There are days when I wished I didn't work. I kind of miss those long days of freedom (the few I had), and I miss going to lunch with friends. BUT then I remember how much I love seeing the kids during their day, and I stop that thinking process. For the most part, I still enjoy my job. Well, when the kids are nice, that is. Some days they're not, and I can't stand those days. Anyway, the boys enjoy me being there, and if they're so happy with it, then I am too. That's all that matters, after all.

Well, I have to run, it's time to get everyone dressed and out the door!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...