Sunday, January 18, 2009

And A Little More...

This has been the greatest day. If you know me at all, you know that Sunday is my favorite day of the week. Music Man did it again, and we sang amazing songs again this morning. There is this one song that we sang, and when I listen to the words, I just want to jump and scream. I almost did. I was definitely moving. I couldn't help it, I just could NOT be still! He (Music Man) has so much talent at picking music and then leading us into worship.

We came home to a yummy lunch (that I made YESTERDAY...notice the all caps), and then we took naps. Well, Todd and I did. The boys played upstairs. They really love us; if they can be that quiet while we both sleep...wow. What amazing kids! I trained them right...j/k, they actually do it on their own, no prompting at all from Todd and myself. We're just blessed. And we know it and are so thankful!

God is on the move....everywhere, but in me as well. I feel His presence with me at all times, and when I stop and listen to a song or read a Bible verse, I can just sense Him. I asked that He would do that...make me sensitive to Him. A lot of times we think it's our conscience telling us something, or we think it's just this weird feeling, but I don't believe that. I believe that a lot of the times, it's the Lord wanting to tell us something. Or put a certain thought into our head, or lay a person on our heart...whatever the case may be, it's Him!

I also asked that He would keep a song in my heart at all times. I love to sing....not just to sing words, but I love to sing Him praises. That song I was talking about from this morning, for instance, is so powerful. The last words were "sing to Jesus", and another time it said, "Jesus, all I need is You". How true. In a world such as the one we live in, it's comforting to know that I have Him in my life to cast all my worries and cares to. SIX people came to accept Him in church this morning...SIX! If it had only been one, everything would have been worth it all!!! He is so good, and I feel like I could burst!!!

I cannot wait to go back tonight....tonight is miracle night. It's a time when we come to pray and ask healing for a specific something. It could be an illness, an addiction, you name it, He is bigger than it all! Pastor told this morning of a man that was healed from not having enough oxygen. God did that!!! All we do is ask, seek, and knock and He is there. We also have communion tonight, which is just a really cool thing to do on Sunday night. I love Sunday night services in general, but tonight particularly is going to be so good! I know He will meet us there!

Well, speaking of, I have to run. I need to be back for choir practice and I need to make sure Todd is awake!!! Love to all!!!

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...